POWELL KELLY VELDMAN is a firm of attorneys based in Swellendam. The firm has been in existence since 1954 when it was founded by the Late Alexander Powell and Martin Kelly. Now the firm is owned by its sole proprietor, Michael Hendrik Veldman (Hennie).
Although it is a General Practice in the bustling historic town of the Overberg, Western Cape, the firm focuses on Property Law and Conveyancing, Administration of Estates, Notarial Services, Local Government and Planning Law and Labour Law.
Hennie was admitted as an attorney in 1995 after 2 years serving as Public Prosecutor. He is admitted and is practicing as conveyancer and notary. He also serves as Commissioner of the Small Claims court. He is assisted by experienced staff which is a pillar of our success. Annemarie, his wife, is an LLB student (almost graduated -currently with a distinction aggregate) and candidate attorney. She has 10 years’ experience as a conveyancing assistant and administrator of estates.
Allison is a qualified legal secretary and personal assistant with vast experience in the general practice of law.
Nita has been employed by the firm for 32 years! Her knowledge is surely an asset. We have recently been joined by Margaret. We welcome her as a secretary with at least 8 years’ experience in legal secretarial work. The firm is grounded in integrity, professionalism and pragmatism. We endeavour to serve clients with constructive, creative and cost-effective dispute resolution.
Hendrik Veldman is a labour consultant that specializes in disciplinary action in the workplace and compliance with labour laws. Hendrik oversees litigation in labour courts, represents clients at the CCMA and bargaining councils. He also acts as prosecutor or chairman of disciplinary hearings.
B.A., LLB., Certificate: Journalism.
Tertiary Education – University of Stellenbosch:
- 1986: BA Degree with Legal Subjects, Politics and Development Administration
- 1988: LL.B
- Member of US Lawyers for Human Rights.
Department of Justice:
- 1991 – 1992: Prosecutor for the Department of Justice in Wynberg and Swellendam courts.
- 1993 – 1994: Articles at Powell Kelly Veldman Attorneys
- 1995: Admitted as Attorney.
- Powel Kelly Veldman (Swellendam)
- Professional Assistant, Partner and currently sole owner of the firm.
Small Claims Court:
- Serving as Commissioner of Court (Swellendam).
- Admitted Conveyancer and Notary.
- The firm has extensive property practice which focuses on the transfer of stands, farms, municipal and property estates.
- Concentrating on deceased estates, the execution of registration regarding servitude deeds, trusts and ante-nuptial contracts.
- Distinction certificate in Community Journalism (Unisa 2013)