Download any of the labour-law-related documents below free of charge.
Documentation is a written record of an employee’s actions, discussion, witnessed policy violations, disciplinary action, positive contributions, reward and recognition, investigations, failure to accomplish requirements and goals, performance evaluations, and more.
Policies serve several important functions:
- Communicate values and expectations on how things are done at your organization.
- Keep the organization in compliance with legislation and provide protection against employment claims.
- Document and implement best practices appropriate to the organization.
- Support consistent treatment of staff, fairness and transparency.
- Help management to make decisions that are consistent, uniform and predictable.
- Protects the organization from the pressures of expediency.
The contract of employment is a vital document – it regulates the terms and conditions of employment between the employer and the employee. It stipulates what the employer will provide in terms of benefits, and in terms of labour legislation, and it specifies what the employee is entitled to receive in terms of company policy, company benefits, and labour legislation.
It also regulates the behaviour of the employee in the workplace – because all company policies and procedures, as well as your disciplinary code, form a part of the employment contract. If there is no contract regulating these matters, it is extremely difficult to take action against the employee – if there is no contract, or if the employee has never been informed, then he has the right to conclude that it does not exist. Therefore an effective contract of employment is essential for the protection of the employer’s business.
Therefore WHM Labour Law Advisors offer the following documentation free of charge namely: